Sunday, May 27, 2007

Introduction + Lupe Fiasco + Jill Scott

Hi. My name is Harsh Shah. I'm a junior at UCLA. I just built this blog for my random musings on film, music, current events, wine, business, technology, and travel.

I just got back from my first day at UCLA's jazz/reggae festival. The festival is split into two days. Today was "Jam Day" and tomorrow is "Reggae Day." Headliners for the day included Lupe Fiasco and Jill Scott. The festival started at 11AM and ended at 7PM. I volunteered and helped to set up the festival from 7AM to 12PM.

Reggae Day's headliner is Luciano.

Lupe Fiasco was phenomenal live. He's not exactly underground, but his rap nevertheless does have a degree of social consciousness to it. His debut album, "Food and Liquor," received some well-deserved praise last year. Fiasco's performance was filled with dynamic energy; the kind of energy that makes you feel alive. It was almost reminiscent of the free fall from my sky dive.



My favorite song from Fiasco's album, "Hurt me Soul" is below.



Jill Scott also gave a great performance. Liz and I both felt that Jill Scott has an amazing voice.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 28, 2007 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger skot e carruth said...

Harsh, you are the man.

Yesterday: "I think I'll start a blog. I'll call it Harsh Musings."

Today: (here we are)

May 28, 2007 at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home